Being student and eat healthy is it even possible ?
Everyone has his own definition of healthy. Being healthy is having a good and balanced alimentation, based on fruits and vegetables, and all types of non-transformed foods. To sum-up, forget about prepared meals and sodas. You could also say it’s about eating fresh, local, not too much sugar, gluten-free… and putting yourself to work. How can you be student and eat healthy at the same time ?
Lots of student will think : “Ok, it’s nice to eat healthy, taking care of your body, but I’m a student, I don’t have the time, nor the money…”
Eating well, at a reasonable price and without consuming too much of your time, it’s possible. Even as a student. You just have to follow our advices !
- Prepare your menus beforehand and your meals on the night before : That might sound silly, but if you know what you are eating will save you countless hours of staring at your fridge wondering if you should make past. Again. Moreover, it means that you’ll save up on groceries by buying only the things you need for your planned meals. Even after coming back home from a long day, and wanting to stay on the couch for hours, you have to get motivated and prepare your next day’s meal.
- Eating biological fruits and vegetables : You’ll feel better in an instant ! Get rid of the GMOs, for our planet and our body’s sake. Moreover, you can eat them raw, which saves you tons of time. And, unlike you could think, it’s not much more expensive than other foods, and you’ll have a much larger choice han in you typical supermarket.
- Buying the right quantities : It’s the key, you have to be careful with the quantity you buy. It would be a shame to pay more for something you won’t have the time to eat before it goes bad. Remember you are alone (or maybe not), so don’t buy 2kg of potatoes a week ! And again, that’s why planning is cool.
After these precious advices, here are some healthy recipes ideas for breakfast, lunch, and dinner : Healthy Breakfast – Pancakes
You can enjoy life even while eating healthy ! You’ll only need :
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 spoon of coconut oil (you’ll fin dit easily in the supermarket)
You just have to mix the banana, then add the eggs and stir with a fork until it’s smooth.
Add the coconut oil in the pan, put in the mixture and let it cook (don’t forget to flip it halfway). Now you can top it with whatever healthy sweets you love !
Healthy Lunch – Zoodles (Zucchini noodles)
Even better than regular pasta ! You’ll need :
- Olive oil
- 1 zucchini
- 2 or 3 tomatoes (whatever you prefer)
- Soy cream
First of all, you’ll need a tool to cut out vegetable noodles (if you don’t have one, you can find very cheap and nice ones on Amazon !) Once you have it, you cut the zucchini into noodles, and let them cook nicely and slowly on a pan with olive oil.
Then you add the soy cream. For quantity, it depends on your taste, and for those who are sceptical about it, we swear it doesn’t taste any different from normal cream once it’s cooked, and it’s way healthier and cheaper.
Cut the tomatoes in little dices and add them to the plate, and let it rest in the covered pan for 5min.
Aaaaaaand it’s ready !
Healthy Dinner – Avocado toasts
You’ll need :
- Whole weat bread (or any bread you like)
- 1 avocado
- Lemon juice
- Salt & pepper
- Espelette pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 tomato
In a bowl, mash the avocado. Add the tomatoes and mix it all together. Add 1 or 2 teaspoons of olive oil, a feux drops of lemon juice, a bit of Espelette pepper, salt, pepper, and mix it all. After toasting the bread, just spread the delicious mixture on it. For the hungry, you can even add a piece of smoked salmon !
Here you go, we hope you got hungry just by reading these.
Follow us Facebook !